Golden Chocolate Chip Muffins:
- Recipe from King Arthur Flour
- These were pretty dry and bland, but sufficient as a delivery system for chocolate chips. I wonder if there was an issue with using whole wheat flour vs white whole wheat flour?
- Balmain Fall 2016: The Kardashians have kind of given Balmain a bad name, but there is something equally appealing and terrible about this collection’s weird Victorian circus aesthetic. And I have perhaps always been overly fond of tassels.
- Louis Vuitton Fall 2016
- Moncler Gammer Rouge Fall 2016: This one so much more than the previous two. Because YES high fashion folk costumes. Especially when they are European and thus you can enjoy them without feeling like you are Problematically Exoticising Foreignness or Culture Appropriation or whatever (even though all culture is appropriated; that is how culture happens because no one with any influence over the “creation” of culture lives in a vacuum but this is perhaps not the place to further explore that particular line of inquiry.)
- Lucky Jim, Kingsley Amis
- Heart of a Dog, Mikhail Bulgakov
- The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays, Albert Camus
- The Confidential Agent, Graham Greene
- Steve Jobs, Walter Isaacson
- Bright Lights, Big City, Jay McInerney
- The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath
- Child 44, Tom Rob Smith
- White Teeth, Zadie Smith
- The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, Muriel Spark
So this happened and I had feelings about it and then I had feelings about having feelings about it, and both Coupland and Klosterman could probably articulate the disgust I feel with myself in fangirling over this, in terms of the cult of celebrity and the isolation of social media and whatever, much better than I can. It is in itself a pretty inane tweet, but the name value and the implication that, I guess, Coupland and Klosterman know each other, is…something. They are probably the only two members of the club of authors whom I super love enough to have read their (almost) entire bibliographies while also suspecting that they would be un-fucking-bearable irl.
Also this interview with Bear “DRUMS” McCreary was great.
Also this interview with Tatiana Maslany and Tom Cullen is v. cute.