- Etro Fall 2017 Menswear
- Versace Fall 2017 Menswear
- Kenzo Fall 2017 Menswear
- Thom Browne Fall 2017 Menswear
- Ralph & Russo Spring 2017 Couture
- Armani Privé Spring 2017
- Not Since Carrie: Forty Years of Broadway Musical Flops, Ken Mandelbaum
- Polaroids from the Dead, Douglas Coupland
- City of Glass, Douglas Coupland
- Ayoade on Ayoade: a Cinematic Odyssey, Richard Ayoade
And very touched to receive these in the mail, courtesy of dear college friends:
- Critical Essays on E.M. Forster, Alan Wilde
- The Letters of T.E. Lawrence, edited by David Garnett
None! Good job, self.
- So, this whole Wikipedia journey: Arthur (1981) -> Arthur (2011) -> Lapo Elkann, one of the heirs of the Fiat fortune, who has AMAZING (ridiculous) fashion and an AMAZING (ridiculous) family history, including a great-granduncle (?), Ettore Ovazza, an Italian Jewish banker who was killed by SS troops in 1943 despite being a committed Fascist and, like, super into Mussolini.
- Semi-related, apparently “Colonel Bogey March”–which I played at some point in college band–was also used as the tune for a song called “Hitler Has Only Got One Ball” in the ’40s. Our band director did not share this story with us, which is a shame. Probably would have made all of those offbeats slightly more exciting.
- This was cute: http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/lord-rings-fellowship-interview/
- Also, yo self, get better at Italian so that you can translate this, because I can’t totally tell what Fabio Rovazzi’s deal is and how seriously his music is meant to be taken : http://www.sorrisi.com/musica/fabio-rovazzi-tormentone-andiamo-a-comandare/
Like, this video went viral–it has over 100 million hits on YouTube–but why, exactly? Is it a parody of something? Is it a LMFAO style party anthem? Or what? (It is catchy, and I appreciate the head-to-toe Marcelo Burlon.)